There are several reasons why patients choose Dr. Matt Baran as their local Wilmington dentist. In fact, his professionalism, dedication to providing best dental approaches and friendly demeanor have endeared Dr. Baran to residents beyond Wilmington, far and wide. Despite his open and honest disposition, there are still some facts about Dr. Baran that are yet to be discovered (for some) … until now!
The Cat (or Dog?) Is Out of the Bag: Five Reveals About Dr. Baran
According to the ADA, a “dental home” is representative of more than just a place. A dental home is a relationship between a dentist and his/her patient that includes best oral health care practices, ongoing accessibility, and yes, a safe, inviting place to experience quality dental care.
Many Wilmington and surrounding area patients choose Limestone Dental as their dental home because of the professionalism, education, experience and most importantly—relationships—they have built with Dr. Baran. So what is it about this community and family-oriented dentist that patients prefer?
- He’s a Native of the Liberty and Independence State
- Born and raised in Pike Creek, Dr. Baran is a native of Delaware, with deep roots in his community and the surrounding communities. Did you know he’s a Tatnall High School graduate? Go Hornets!
- He Has an Extensive Educational Vitae
- In addition to earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in biology from Bucknell University, Dr. Baran completed his dental training at Temple University School of Dentistry. Following dental school, he pursued a general practice residency at York Hospital in York, PA. Dr. Baran remains committed to his education. He manages to invest 50-plus hours every year to continuing education in order to ensure his patients are getting the most innovative dental approaches and quality of care.
- He’s a Boss at Lacrosse
- Dr. Baran’s lacrosse career began with Coach Zwickert at Salesianum before Tatnall. Baran was the starting goalkeeper at D1 Bucknell University and a former MLL goalkeeper for the NJ Pride! Currently, Dr. Baran belongs to a club team and serves as a volunteer assistant coach at St. Mark’s High School in Pike Creek.
- He’s a Double-Duty Dental Member
- Dr. Baran belongs to both the esteemed American Dental Association and Delaware State Dental Society.
- He Runs with the Big Dogs
- In addition to being a husband and father, Dr. Baran is the proud owner of a beautiful Bernese Mountain dog.
The Importance of Knowing Your Dentist
Is knowing more about your dentist really that important? In the context of the ADA’s earlier assessment of the value in having a dental home, it makes perfect sense that we should all get to know our dentist more. While ultimately a dentist specializes in empowering us to take the best care of our teeth and gums, he/she is invested in our overall health.
Dr. Baran and the entire Limestone Dental team are committed to ensuring that in addition to receiving the best oral care practices possible, that patients can also take advantage of a full menu of dental services, including:
- General Dentistry
- Family Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Restorative Dentistry
- Emergency Dental Services
To learn more about Dr. Baran or if you’re ready to schedule an appointment, contact us today at 302-239-0502.