It’s never been a more perfect time to pursue a perfect smile than in the 21st century. Much has changed over the last century, not to mention how restorative dentistry was performed prior to anesthesia! For those seeking a smile they can feel confident with, Limestone Dental is the premier location for restorative dentistry in Pike Creek. Before we get to that, let’s see just how lucky we are to be living in the era of what has to be modern dentistry’s finest hour in innovation.
A Short History and Modern Menu for Restorative Dentistry in Pike Creek
One of the first recorded evidence of oral surgery was penned by Charles Allen in 1678. Allen referred to himself as the “Operator for the Teeth.” Can you imagine the tools Allen had at his disposal? A scary thought considering that the numbing agent Lidocaine wasn’t mass produced until 1948! Thankfully, progress has been prolific with the advent of modern dental tools and techniques. In addition to some of the most advanced approaches, equipment and yes, anesthesia, restorative dentistry offers patients more possibilities than ever before.
Even though modern education has offered abundant insight into best oral hygiene practices, including maintaining six-month cleanings and checkups, brushing and flossing routines for success and the benefits of fluoride through toothpaste and water supplies, tooth decay is still a reality for many people. Sometimes, no matter how dedicated one is to oral hygiene practices, cavities and tooth damage still occur.
Patients choose Limestone Dental Associates for restorative dentistry in Pike Creek because of our advanced techniques, technology and extensive procedure options. We have a wide variety of restorative dentistry options, including:
- Crowns and Bridges
Modern-day crowns and bridges can be made from metal alloys, ceramics, composite resin and porcelain to cap the teeth. At Limestone Dental we use a beautiful zirconia that not only matches the look and feel of your natural teeth, but is also strong and long-lasting.
- Natural-Colored Fillings
- Goodbye gold! Cavities are a reality, but not one that has to include metal-amalgam fillings. Our fillings are made with a composite resembling the natural look of your teeth, all while maintaining the strength perfectly equal to metal.
- Porcelain Inlays and Onlays
- Sometimes there is only a specific area of the tooth that is damaged. In this scenario, we can provide attractive porcelain dental inlays and onlays to the tooth rather than a crown to reinforce and protect the damaged area.
- Partials and Dentures
- Not only can missing teeth create feelings of insecurity and lack of confidence, they can also create problems with jaw alignment and other related issues. To prevent any potential negative impacts of missing teeth, we offer customizable, natural looking implant-retained dentures and partials.
- Dental Implants
- For those who may not desire traditional dentures, dental implants can provide stable, beautiful functionality without having to be removed or affecting the way you speak or eat.
- Root Canal Treatment
- They may get a bad wrap, but root canals can ultimately alleviate infection and pain. Plus, when the procedure is complete, you’ll have a beautiful, natural-looking, porcelain crown to show for it!
- Oral Surgery
- In the event we simply cannot save a tooth due to prolonged or severe damage, we may have to perform an extraction. We’ll do all humanly possible before performing oral surgery, but if it must be done, not to worry—as you can see (above), we have countless options to choose from to replace an extracted tooth.
For any of our restorative offerings, we use the latest technology, including digital photography and the ability to show you how a restoration will appear once your procedure is complete.
Our professional, friendly and helpful staff will be sure to explain every detail of the restorative dental service that you might be considering, including the expected recovery time and what you can do to achieve the best results.
Limestone Dental for Restorative Dentistry in Pike Creek
Together, Dr. David Nibouar and Dr. Matt Baran have combined experience equal close to half a century in dentistry. Their professionalism, education and dental skill set clearly make them the choice for restorative dentistry in Pike Creek.
The best way to know what restorative dental procedure is right for you is to set up a consultation with Dr. Nibouar or Dr. Baran. After a full examination and opportunity to shared your desired outcomes, one of our dentists will be happy to share more about the perfect procedure to accommodate your needs.
If you’ve been waiting to find the right dental office or have been considering a restorative dental procedure, please reach out to us today at (302) 239-0520.