He loves sports, is a former professional Major League Lacrosse player and is a father to children and a Bernese Mountain dog, but those aren’t the only reasons patients appreciate Dr. Matt Baran. With an extensive educational background in dentistry accompanied by years of continuous experience in the latest, most innovative dental approaches, there are multiple reasons why Dr. Baran is the dentist that Wilmington patients choose.
Looking for an Experienced Dentist in Wilmington? Dr. Baran Is Your Guy
Dr. Baran, the dentist that Wilmington patients trust, went on to pursue dental training at the Temple University School of Dentistry after receiving a B.A. in Biology. Directly after dental school, he completed his general practice residency at York Hospital in York, PA, and has been practicing privately ever since.
Now, Dr. Baran continues to supplement his education by investing over 50 hours each year to make sure he’s up-to-date with the latest technology and dental approaches. He’s also an active member of the American Dental Association and the Delaware State Dental Society.
Not all clients may know that Dr. Baran being a member of the ADA ultimately adds value to you as the patient. Why? To be an official member of the ADA, dentists are required to uphold several standards, including:
- Dentists are to respect the wants and needs of patients, while also honoring their privacy and confidentiality. This means making communication a top priority, and keeping patients informed and educated in every aspect of the treatments and services they receive.
- In the “do no harm” protocol of ADA membership, dentists are encouraged to remain dedicated to maintaining knowledge and skill sets that match modern standards. In doing so, they are empowering themselves and ensuring their patients receive the safest, most effective dental care possible.
- The “do good clause” builds upon the idea that in addition to respecting client confidentiality and safety, dentists will strive to also provide the highest-quality, most timely dental care.
- ADA dental members must treat all patients equally regardless of their socioeconomic background, race, creed and religion.
- The basis of any healthy relationship is trust, and dentists are no exception! That’s why the ADA includes the initiative to “be truthful.” It’s imperative that dentists be honest, transparent and empathetic in the communication with and treatment of their patients.
Of course, it also helps to know that your dentist has a passion and priority for his/her profession, something that Dr. Baran certainly has.
More About Why Wilmington Dentist, Dr. Baran Is Passionate About Dentistry
Becoming a medical professional of any kind involves a significant investment of time and resources. There is comfort in knowing that you have a dentist like Dr. Baran who, even after completing the education required to be a dentist, continues to supplement his knowledge and experience to ensure he is providing the best in dental care. It’s not enough for Dr. Baran to be a dentist— he wants to be a dentist who offers patients optimum dental care, services and treatment to create lasting relationships.
Did you know that, according to a 2018 U.S. News & World Report, dentistry was listed second out of the one hundred most sought-after occupations in the U.S.? By 2026, dental employment growth is projected to rise by 17.5 percent. What does this mean for you as a new or existing patient of Dr. Baran? It means that in a growing, competitive market, you have found a dentist who is a vetted, committed and a highly-respected member of the Wilmington dental community (and the community at large).
There are other reasons that dentists like Dr. Baran choose to pursue their passion in dentistry, including:
- Providing Transformative Care Beyond Oral Health
- While it’s important to care for your teeth and gums to maintain optimum oral health, routine dental care also helps prevent other potentially problematic health conditions. Dentists describe the ability to effect change in the overall health of their patients as a “privilege and joy.”
- Flexibility for Both of You!
- Operating out of a private practice affords both a dentist and his/her patient flexibility, especially in a scenario such as what Limestone Dental offers in allowing Dr. Baran to create an adjustable schedule in partnership with Dr. David Nibouar. This in-turn enables patients more scheduling options as well.
- Unique Opportunities for Community Engagement
- As a seasoned professional dental expert, Dr. Baran has the opportunity to effect change throughout Wilmington communities and beyond. With his extensive knowledge, Dr. Baran can help educate members of the community on best dental and oral hygiene practices— but there’s also fun to be had, like the “Blue Rocks for Dental Healthcare Night,” at Frawley Stadium.
Become a Patient of Dr. Baran and a Part of the Limestone Family
Did you know that the ADA encourages you to select a “dental home?” In doing so, you and your dentist can establish a lasting relationship and solidify a foundation for optimum dental health and overall wellness.
If you’d like to make Limestone Dental your home dentistry, you’ll be pleased to know that we offer a diverse range of services, including:
- Family Dentistry
- General Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dental Emergencies
- Restorative Dentistry
To learn more about Dr. Baran— the dentist that Wilmington patients choose— or to schedule an appointment, contact us today at 302-239-0502.